This slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe will become your new family fav….
This Recipe Came To Us From An Angel…
After the birth of my son, my mom friends showered my family and I with love, adoration and delicious home cooked meals to last us over a month. I was forever grateful for each meal, they saved us from my husband’s cooking which meant *certain death by starvation*. However, one meal stuck out amongst the rest and that was a crock pot teriyaki chicken dish made by my friend Andrea. My family and I immediately fell in love with Andrea’s meal that came hot to our door when my son was only about a week old. We now have this very slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe at least once a month. I owe this recipe and our families happy tummy all to Andrea!
The thing I love most about crock pot meals is the fix it and forget it easiness of it all. Unlike some meals that you have to stand at the stove and stir, a slow cooker meal just takes a few minutes of prep and that’s it. Before you know it, you’ll have a most delicious home cooked meal to serve your family.
The Perfect Busy-Weekday Meal…
I have created a printable Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken recipe to make it even easier for you to make. I seriously want you to try it, it’s so good! And it’s so easy, you’ll Love Every Minute!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
Recipe Type: Crock Pot
Kid friendly, easy and delicious and served over rice
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup diced Onion
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon minced Red Pepper Flakes (use less for less heat)
- 4 Teaspoons Cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sesame Seeds
- Served over cooked rice
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, place chicken in crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce.
- Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Briskly stir to combine in sauce.
- Replace lid and cook sauce on high for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Shred chicken and return to pot, stir.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving.
- Serve over cooked rice
Crock pot meals are so easy to get started and completely independent on cooking. You will love that it allows you to have more quality time doing what your want with your loved ones.